Usually, the choice of the coordinator by the sponsors of the initiator of the exercise will precede the building of the team. The responsibilities of the team coordinator include:
- Recruiting people with the adequate profiles and building the project team;
- Managing the project team;
- Ensuring that the exercise is in sync with sponsors requirements and needs;
- Ensuring that the project keeps to its strategic orientations and technical objectives;
- Maintaining accurate records of expenses, resources and time scales for the project.